Manual Steering Box

Fitysix

I am in need of a manual steering box. I have a Power steering box that is good and I am willing to swap. A bit of money and I will throw in the power steering pump with it. Any takers? I know....I know ......cheap plug on the regular board but I am desperate!!!!!!
Dale Gray

Dale, Just curious; why would you change to manual steering?:confused: I might be interested. Let me think about it:clonk: thanks, Bill:beers:

Bill,
You see my tri-Power is on it's way. And as I was un-bolting my Power steering box to change it out with the good one I have I got to thinking.....That big ol' pump is gonna block my view of that pretty set-up. So I thought that since I have been basically driving her with Manual steering anyway (box is cracked and won't hold fluid) why not just go to manual and be done with it. Call me crazy :clonk: but it makes sense to me. Plus it can't be that bad with the 14' diam. steering wheel right :thumbsup:
Dale

one big reason for getting rid of the power steering is the parasitic power loss. this means a faster car.

you will also lose front end weight which helps whether you want to run at the strip or the road course.

rack and pinions are also considered to be more accurate in their steering as you have the same amount of deflection on the steering wheels for a given degrees of rotation on the steering wheel no matter where you are in the steering.

Thanks Bob,
I also have a set of steel header flanges. So I am guessing the manual box is smaller which will give me more room to route the headers :hurray: .
Dale

Back