Newbie needs brake help 66' buick LeSabre

Hi All,

I am restoring a 66' Buick LeSABRE. It has drum brakes all the way around that have been rebuilt, the car sat for 5 years and when I started it it wouldn't move. When I inspected the brack line they were braking in many plces, so I decided to replace the brake lines, the question I have is this: The Master is a single bowl, which I replaced with a single bowl, there was a fluid block that the master feed into for the front brakes than split to each side, can anyone recommend where I can get another, plus I would like to put an adjustable prop valve on for the rear. I will also need the block for the rear as well. Can anyone give me any suggestions where I might buy these items. Thanks so much,

Matt:bana:

Hey Matt-
Your local Napa store (or even Auto Zone, etc.) should carry some of these tee's and fittings.
If not, then you can order them from any street rod company such as :
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/

They also sell the proportioning valve you're looking for.
Good luck.

-phifty

Don't know if this is related or not. But I have a '58 Buick that sat for several years and when I started it, it would not move or at least without alot of pedal.
My problem was the brake system runs off vacuum and the power booster was bad and allowed air to move past the seal. Booster drum was too pitted to rebuild and had to replace which solved the problem with the brakes locking down when the car was started.
Also you may notice the brake pedal being pulled to the floor when the car is started due to the vacuum leak.
Hi All,

I am restoring a 66' Buick LeSABRE. It has drum brakes all the way around that have been rebuilt, the car sat for 5 years and when I started it it wouldn't move. When I inspected the brack line they were braking in many plces, so I decided to replace the brake lines, the question I have is this: The Master is a single bowl, which I replaced with a single bowl, there was a fluid block that the master feed into for the front brakes than split to each side, can anyone recommend where I can get another, plus I would like to put an adjustable prop valve on for the rear. I will also need the block for the rear as well. Can anyone give me any suggestions where I might buy these items. Thanks so much,

Matt:bana:

Back