Rover 215 Water Pump Hoses Question, Which way do thay go?

Brian C

Thank you in advance for you help. This (attached picture) is a Rover 215 Water pump and I don't know where the second hose fitting (smaller one) from the water pump goes or what it's for?

This has been a fun project and thanks to Team Buick this is the last little thing we need before we start her up and go

• :finish:

Any direction is greatly appreciated!

Brian Crouch
bri0211@sbcglobal.net
760-753-3369

Attachments

• Water Pump.JPG
    Water Pump.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 6
Any direction is greatly appreciated!

I coukl use a little more direction too. You are saying water pump, but it looks like you are pointing to the thermostat housing.

Your picture is too small for me to see enough detail, but the most likely suspect in the general area you are pointing at is the bypass hose. This is a short hose that runs from the thermostat housing to the engine front cover. However, if you really do mean the pump, the smaller hose connection is for the return line from the heater.

Ray

Thank you Raycow! I'm off to check and see if you were able to answer of I i still have questions.

Thank you for taking a stab at it with little direction.

I coukl use a little more direction too. You are saying water pump, but it looks like you are pointing to the thermostat housing.

Your picture is too small for me to see enough detail, but the most likely suspect in the general area you are pointing at is the bypass hose. This is a short hose that runs from the thermostat housing to the engine front cover. However, if you really do mean the pump, the smaller hose connection is for the return line from the heater.

Ray

Here's more information:
This 215 Rover engine was originally EFI and we converted it to carburetor and we put an Edelbrock Intake Manifold on. We are trying to find out where the smaller of the two hose's on the Thermostat cover goes. At this point we dont see anywhere on the engine cover to put this bypass hose.

THANK YOU!

Brian Crouch
760-753-3369
bri0211@sbcglobal.net

Ray

Don't make the fix any more complicated than it needs to be.

1. Plug the connection on the thermostat housing.
2. Fill the cooling system with water.
3. Do you see the water leaking out anywhere?
4. If yes, you found out where the hose goes to.
5. If no, problem solved.

Ray

Last edited:
See, that's why i need all the help i can get.

Thanks a million Ray!!

Brian

Don't make the fix any more complicated than it needs to be.

1. Plug the connection on the thermostat housing.
2. Fill the cooling system with water.
3. Do you see the water leaking out anywhere?
4. If yes, you found out where the hose goes to.
5. If no, problem solved.

Ray

Back