Tracing my cars history

I'd like to trace my cars history, I have the CA title & licence plate details. Just fired off a letter to the last owner's address- I might get lucky.

The CA DMV want international customers to write ( I'm in Australia) so a letter is on its way there.

I know it was built in CA, but that's all I know. Can anyone suggest any alternative search methods?

Cheers,

Chris.

a VERY few years ( something like 1970 + 1972-76 ) of Buick production records are available at the Sloan Museum in Flint MI. you might try contacting them with your VIN if your car is somewhere in that viciinity.

a VERY few years ( something like 1970 + 1972-76 ) of Buick production records are available at the Sloan Museum in Flint MI. you might try contacting them with your VIN if your car is somewhere in that viciinity.

Thanks, Bob. I checked with the Sloan, they have 1970 VINS, mine's a '69. Oh well, maybe the former owner or the CA DMV will enlighten me.

Cheers,

Chris

Sucess

I got lucky! My letter to the previous owner in CA got a reply, got some pics and he's happy to answer some questions.

Back