Will new model cam position sensor fit in place of big block distributor

:clonk:Hey I am trying to piece tougeather a fuel injection set-up for a 455 that I have in a serious rock buggy. I am gonna go with a home built megga squirt if I can and am going to run coil on plug ignition and sequential injection so I have to have a cam position sensor to do it. I am wondering if a cam position sensor off a newer mod. turbo V6 is dimensionally the same s the distributors in the old big blocks. Sure would be nice if I could just drop one in and go but if not I am prepared to modify an original distributor. I hope someone knows the answer to this and if anyone wants to talk about the megga squirt or any of its systems I am learning and would love to have a dialogue about it all.

I believe there are people that have done it, although I never figured out how. I've only run a bank-to-bank system, so no cam sensor was necessary.

So I'd say it is possible, but I apologize for not knowing how.

Sounds like a neat project!

-Bob C.

I believe there are people that have done it, although I never figured out how. I've only run a bank-to-bank system, so no cam sensor was necessary.

So I'd say it is possible, but I apologize for not knowing how.

Sounds like a neat project!

-Bob C.
I am hoping someone sees this that knows the answer.

Back