53 Buick Special VIN # locations

53_Jeff

I am wondering where the vin locations on my 53 Buick Special 2 door hardtop are.

I know the main vin is screwed on in the drivers side door jamb. Are there any other vin locations on the car for verification?

Thanks,

- Jeff -

My title takes the VIN from the engine number...the only other tag I know about is the Fisher Body tag on the passenger side of the cowl, but that doesn't have the VIN on it.

The engine number is on the passenger side of the engine between the distributor and fuel pump. No idea on the frame number...as far as I know, the door pillar tag is the only other number on the car, but I might be wrong.

Mystery Solved! Thanks for the location of the engine number. I found the boss and cleaned it. I was so baffeled when I got my car because I found 2 old registrations from '69 and '70 in the glove box for a 53 Buick with the same license plate numbers as that on my car, but the vin numbers didn't match. Well I now know that my car was registered off the engine number. Thanks for all the help. :bana:

Jeff

Back