special

1. 1962 Buick Special Convertible

For Sale! 1962 Buick Special Convertible

1962 Buick Special Deluxe Convertible. 215 V8 aluminium with a factory 4 spd on the floor. 4 Barrel Rochester. Restored. Shows well at the weekend car shows! Quiet strong driving car. No rust. Asking $18,000 USD.
  2. JacobR

1962 Buick Special

Hi, I just purchased a 1962 Buick Special convertible. I bought it with the hopes of restoring it with my father. It currently isn’t running and has been sitting covered for about five years, but I was able to turn the engine so I am hopeful that I can get it running (it’s the v6 engine). I...
  3. wildman939

1958 Buick special rebuild/fix it to be safe on the road

Hello, I have some issues with Buick we are rebuilding. I'm from Europe and we are not that skilled in fixing american cars. I found some information online, but not detailed pictures. Can i get some detailed pictures of engine bay, cooling system, wiper system, because some people have been...
  4. S

6Volt Ignition system

Hey, Good morning. I am in the process of getting my 53' Special to run. I have been going over allot of the wiring, replaced the battery and have it on a trickle charger for a 6 volt system as I have not gotten to the fuel system yet. My question though is: When I verify spark by disconnecting...
  5. C

HELP 1967 Buick Special Front Clip

For some reason I can't find all of the bolts to get the front clip off of a 1967 4dr Buick Special Deluxe, does the bumper need to come off first? Any help/advice with this would be great, also looking for front fenders if you have any recommendations. This is my first Buick restoration, I...
  6. J

Jim in Cushing WI

Hello Buick people, I live in Cushing, WI and I joined this forum for some help and also to let you know about a couple of Buick's. My Father wants me to sell his old cars and he has two Buick's in the shed. One is a 54 Special and the other I have no idea except it is a straight eight and has...
  7. R

Is a 200-4R the best replacement for the funky Dual Path in my sweet '62 Special V6?

Subject title is all I needed to ask. Thanks, for any opinions.
  8. S

At My Wits End With 52 Special Brakes Need Sum Help!!!

Ok, I have a 52 special that I just bought. The car basically had no brakes. If you pushed the pedal all the way to the floor it would slowly roll to a stop. So I have rebuilt the entire brake system. Put a rebuild kit in master cylinder, 4 new wheel cylinders, new rubber hoses, new shoes, and...
  9. S

52 Special Need Help With Directional Indicators / Turn Signals

I've recently become the proud owner of a 52 Special and it doesn't have turn signals. I am new to rebuilding a 50's era car and I have been doing some research on adding turn signals. I would like to use all stock parts if possible and I've come across a lot of different parts for sale but I...
  10. 5

53 Special Heater hose routing and fluid levels

I'm doing a rebuild on my 263 and putting all new hoses in the car. I am wondering what the routing for the heater hoses is. Not the path that they take but which one hooks to wear. It seems like there are only 3 places on the engine to hook the hoses too. There was a "T" make out of...
  11. 5

How do you make it crank??? Starter button?

Boy I know I sound dumb, but how do you crank the engine over on a 53 Special 45r. The car has a Dyna Flow trans and a straight 8 263. The key switch has 3 positions; lock, on, off, and it works good. There is a small pushbutton on the dash left of the steering column which is what I though...
  12. 5

Dynaflow service question

I am servicing my Buick (which has been sitting for 41 years) while my 263 is getting bored out and rebuilt. I got a trans pan gasket but no one seems to have a filter . . . Does a Dyna Flow in 1953 have a replaceable filter or is there just a screen? If there is a filter what is the part...
  13. 5

Straight 8 engine rebuild questions

Hello Straight 8 guys! I'm rebuilding the straight 8 out of my 53 Special 45R. It had been sitting for 41 years before I just recently got it. I tore it down to find that # 4 and #5 pistons had holes burned in them. Also in the trunk of my car there were 2 burned pistons. The 2 burned...
  14. 5

53 Buick Special wiring diagram

I'm tracing some wires on my 53 and a wiring diagram would be super helpful. If anyone has one or knows where to download one that would be great. - Jeff -
  15. 5

53 Buick Straight 8 Carb Rebuild

Well after my Buick sat for 41 years before I got it, it is now time to rebuild the carb and get it running again. I cant seem to find the carb kit for it. It is a 2 barrel Stromberg with the # 385323 on the base plate of it. Another carb came with my car and it is the same one with the same...
  16. 5

53 Buick Special VIN # locations

I am wondering where the vin locations on my 53 Buick Special 2 door hardtop are. I know the main vin is screwed on in the drivers side door jamb. Are there any other vin locations on the car for verification? Thanks, - Jeff -
  17. 5

'53 Special Key Switch Removal

I just got a '53 45R out of the desert. It had been sitting there since 1969 and hadn't moved. I want to get keys made for the ignition switch. I cant seem to get the front of the switch off to get it out of the dash. This front cover of the switch is chrome and has the Lock, On, and Off on...
  18. W

1953 Special 2/4 door trim same?

Looking at some side trim pieces on the rear quarter from a junk yard that are quite a distance from my home. They looked the same. Anyone save me the trip and taking them off for comparison? Is it just on the door of the 4 door and on the rear quarter of the 2 door, or apples & oranges?
  19. F

Looking for Info

:hurray: Hi this was nice to find a site about Buicks I have a 1953 special and im looking for a spot to get parts and I am also looking for a service manual for it as well. Any help would be great. I have a car show coming up I would like to go to in the midle of june. Ink and Iron.
  20. A

Speedometer Rebuild

You may have noticed the speedometer on my 55 Buick Special and wondered how you can get one for yourself. I wrote this article to show you how!
Back