64 Blower & Air Inlet

Matty-boy

Hi - I just bought a 64 LeSabre convertible. 57,057 original miles, 300 cuin 4 BBL. There are heat/ventilation issues. I want to get in and change the heater core. Where can I get a blower and air inlet gasket? It's in the chassis manual but I can't find it anywhere.
Also - where can I get those replacement cables?
Thanks for the help,
Matt

Replacement blower motor and cables

Advance Auto parts carries the blower motor and heater core for your car. You have to specify A/C or Non-A/C for both. The cables can be found on Ebay from time to time, but the cables are different for A/C and Non-A/C also.

Once again, I will recommend Wheatbelt Buick in Oklahoma - they have not failed me yet for parts for my 64 Buicks
Butch

Thanks...

I've been looking for the gasket between the engine side blower assembly ["Blower and Air Inlet Assembly"] and the cowl. Heaters are easy. Even the cables - I made 2 out of 20 feet of 'avaiation throttle cable' I bought on eBay and a 'loop pliars'. Its the gasket I need - sure I can make one - but who's to say how good it'll look when I'm done - and what do you use neoprene, rubber? I will try your place early this week.
1 more question. Chilton says to access the heater core I need to remove the passenger front fender. The Buick manual says removing the hinges is enough - what is the secret?
Thanks again -
Matt

I removed the heater assemblies from both 64s - never had to remove any fenders or doors.....

I did take out the glove box and radio grill to make it easier to get to the little nuts and bolts..

I do think it was pretty solidly "glued" into place with sealant.

you reallt should get Detroit Iron's cd/manual for the 64 Buicks - - make life so much easier (I think they are $30
now); worth every penny
Butch
64 Lesabre
64 Wildcat
:shield:

Last edited:
core

Ive changed mine and never had to pull the fender. I have buckets in my 64 Wildcat Convert. I did take out the r/h bucket and consol. Since I was that far down I took out the rest of the seats and put in new carpet to kep from doing it again. also no A/C. There are a couple of tough bolts to reach. I unbolted the hood hinge only. or remove hood, and be careful with hood if you dont:bgrin:
Another thing make sure that you dry out or replace the Jute under the carpet. It will be a rust, or smell of anti freeze problem if you dont.
Service manual are on ebay from time to time. I have a disc also but its a lot easier than a cd IMHO
I hav owned 2 64`s since 1975 my present car since 79 So you may say Im partial to 63-64 cars
Good Luck:thumbsup:
Gary

Back