Dynaflow leak

My 1951 special dynaflow leaks somewhere by the tail it starts to leak when she starts up and stops after she sits off for about 3 min. I suspect the torque ball butI am not sure.:confused:

Hi Robert,

yes, torque ball is the most likely source for leakage at the rear of an Dynaflow.
These torque balls seem to have a mind of their own. After highway driving with oil hot and thin they keep tight and after sitting for month in a cold garage afterwards with the oil being thickened by the cold you can find a puddle...
You will never know without determining the source. Wash the transmission with brake cleaner as good as possible, start the engine and look where the oil comes from.
As I said: Torque ball is likely, but since it is quite a job to get the transmission out there you probably wanna be sure you do not have to look for another seal also.:waving:

Michael

I have heard if there is a torq ball seal leak it may have let oil into the rear end so you might want to check oil level in the differential, not good for it.

Back