Ingenue '67 flip-top Skylark funny car...wanted to say HI!

Hey guys...don't know how I missed you guys this long.

I aqquired the original 1967 Buick Skylark GS400 funny car called Ingenue about 2 years ago now,this car was originally built by my 80 year-old dad in Brooklyn,NY when I was almost 10 years old.

It was run under the Buick Dealers Group and the story is,Steve Malise who ran Mid-County Buick in Brooklyn at the time gathered up the 19 Buick dealers in the NY area who each ponied up $1,000 to fund the project.

Ron Pelligrini of Fiberglass Limited fame (and who I still speak with from time to time) constructed only 2 of these bodies,one for him in a Hemi-powered version called Super Bird (long since wrecked) and this body for Ingenue,the only one remaining to this day.

This car was powered by an 8-71 blown 430 Buick on nitro backed by a TH-400 trans and big Wildcat rearend with 4:30 gears...as you can see,ALL Buick! :shield:

Currently the car does not run but it is my hopes to turn it into a full-blown cackle car before long.

I have TONS of historic photos and magazine articles from the day and the car was featured in Hot Rod magazine last year for those who may have caught that,we brought her back to Henderson,NC last Oct for the East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame event and the reception was incredible to say the least!

We will be attending the CHHR next month in Bakersfield,if you're attending please stop by the car and sat hi.:waving:

If you guys want to see more photos...just ask :wavey:...and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSC00691.jpg
    DSC00691.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00699.jpg
    DSC00699.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC07814.jpg
    DSC07814.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 5
Hey thanks guys,I appreciate the kind words. :thumbsup:

I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Buicks,my dad worked @ Mid-County Buick in Brooklyn and in the summers (late 60's),I would go to work with him in the morning and just play in the new cars all day...GS Skylarks,Wildcats,heck...even Opel GT's...I guess that got me started to where I am today.

If anyone is attending the CHHR next month in Bakersfield,by all means stop by the car and say hi,would love to meet more Buick gearheads and share Ingenue with you all...:shield:

Back