low band

gag67sky

Hi all, tryin' to fix my iddle issue in gears I was gessing if the low band adjustment of my SP300 could cause this kind of problem:
Carb is OK, choke OK, timing OK, iddle speed OK but when I go in drive or reverse if the engine is too cold (or too hot indeed), it stalls right like if there were no more ignition or gas (both presents checked...) anyone have an idea if the low band would help before I jump under the car ???:clonk:

Check that the switch on the throttle rod for the transmission converter is working. It puts the converter in high stall when you are not on the gas pedal. Check the 66 manual on this site for the opperation of the switch. That is where I would start.

Hi Doc, been there yet, the switch seem to work properly (solenoid tics when energized) but I have to check if the electric choke conv' that is wired on the throttle switch could be an issue by grounding something at sometime ???
It just came to my mind so I have to disconnect it next time I run the car...
If all OK would the low band help ???
Thanks

I don't think the low band has much to do with your problem, but it is easy to adjust.

Sometimes the converter switch on the throttle rod is out of adjustment, Make sure it clicks when you step on the gas just a little with the key on and the engine off. It should click back when you step off the gas.

Hi, I will try again to check the linkage switch, to relocate the electric choke feed wire.
'Have to check for vacuum leak ( from intake to modulator is that it Bob ?) then 'll try the low band...
Maybe on day I'll go througt it !!!

Hi, after a new check, the switch works properly but the solenoid doesn't, even if I energise directly the wire shorting the switch, no click in the tranny, I'll have to energise the tranny plug at the case to see if the wire would be cut?? Then I''ll have to wait for the pan gasket I ordered before diggin' farer.... Could the solenoid be replaced or redone ???:confused:(info:the downshift works with the throttle linkage switch)

Hi again, in order to check for tranny vacuum line leaks were could I spray some carb cleaner to try tracing it ???
I can think of the connection on the intake and around the modulator on the tranny but maybe more place ??
Please help !:clonk:

Update

Hi little update here, I'm still in trouble with my beloved car:angry:, just rebuilt the carb, changed all carb gaskets, float needles, filter ...) It ran better about 5 minits (cold) and then came back to my issue: when hot, high speed idle or no idle, by the instant I go from neutral idle in gears the engine stops like if I turned off the key !!! I tried to play with mixture, idle speed, timing, and still I get nowhere:clonk::clonk::clonk:
Could it be the neutral safety switch or ignition switch???
Bobc gave few words about vacuum leak, I'd like to try this way but don't know how, please help me cure this issue before I get mad and crush the lady:bgrin:

I've never even looked on mine, but is there a rubber hose hooking the steel line to the modulator on the trans.? Is there even a modulator on the ST300? I haven't messed with mine at all *knock on wood*...if there is, check to see that it's not torn; that would cause a huge vacuum leak...

Hi, actually there is a hose on this link (2, up and down on the tranny), the engine side is OK, I have to recheck on the tranny side as I'm not confident in my previous job:bana:!
Does anyone think about another place to check ?
Thanks for any help:confused:

Back