Stage 1 heads for a 455

divecop

Hi, I was shopping for a pair of Stage 1 heads for my 1970, GS 455. If anyone knows of a decent set at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Thanks

The stage heads are the standard 400/455 heads casting number 1231786 with enlarged intake/exhaust valves. Go to taperformance.com and purchase the valves. Take your heads to the machine shop and have them enlarge the valve seats. if you have heads other than the 68cc head, you can mill them down to 70cc and put the valves in. If your looking for the stage 2 heads you might as well buy taperformance after market heads. Theres only around 150 stage 2 heads that were cast, and even at that not all of them made it to the market. There is rumors that those that were not sold were melted down.

Stage 1 heads

Thanks for the tip Troy. I wasn't aware you could just convert the valve sizes. I'd much rather do that as the heads I have now are fine. divecop

Stage 1 heads for GS 455

Yeah I'd love to get a pair of aluminum Stage 1 heads from TA, but they are a lot of money. I found a pair of 455 heads that have been converted to Stage 1 valves etc., but they're off a 1971. Are these heads compatible with a 1970?

Thanks

Back