1. vtos

Need help and information for investigation of a low compression cylinder

Hello! I recently did a compression test on my buick 300. I got a decent 120# on all cylinders except the number 1 cylinder which read only 60# and it did not drop after sitting for 30 minutes. Spark plug doesn't show any signs of mechanical damage nor any gas or oil on it. I took the valve...
  2. My project

My project

3. B

The small block casting number project

Given that documentation on the small block casting numbers seems to be very thin I thought that perhaps it would be a good idea for us Buick fans to get a little organized and report what we're seeing out in the field. I have a couple of engines that I'll have to get numbers from. Here's the...
  4. ianmont

Looking for a 300 block after my recent "big bang". My engine threw a rod.

Sadly my newly rebuilt 300 engine ran into some problems yesterday while driving my 64' Lesabre. The engine only had about 400 miles on the freshly rebuilt engine(built by me) when it decided to throw a rod and make a sizable hole in the block. :angry: So, I'm looking for another usable 300...
  5. elagache

401 Nailhead engine transplant for a 1965 Buick Special - opinions?

401 (or other Buick) engine transplant for 65 Buick Special - opinions? Dear Buick Enthusiasts, :shield: I have a 1965 Buick Special Deluxe wagon with a 300 cu V8 engine that is getting weary. I joined Team Buick in order to get some advice on rebuilding the engine and truly discovered how...
  6. C

'66 401 into '65 LeSabre Convertible with 300

I plan to swap the 401 and trans out of a '66 Electra donor into a '65 LeSabre with a 300. Has anyone done this before? My biggest concerns are the motor and tranny mounts. Just looking to see if anyone has done this before or knows of any printed material on the subject. Thanks!
  7. M

300 4bbl Spark Plug Threads

Hi - I noticed one of my spark plugs went in a little funny today. Turns out that the threads on the aluminum head went south. I want to do the thread insert thing but don't want to leave any metal in the cylinder. Has anyone inserted the thread inserts? How did you make sure you didn't get any...
  8. skylark64

How much for those 300 V8 aluminum heads in the window?

I have a set of 300 V8 aluminum heads from my 64 Skylark. I'm trying to decide if I should sell them or not. I've got an off of $125 for them. Should I sell or wait for the market to "mature"?
  9. R

2 barrel carb tuning

I am having trouble with poor throttle response and sluggish acceleration in my '64 LeSabre. It has the stock 300ci and 2 barrel Rochester. I have replaced points and condensor as well as plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. I have the timing dialed in, but it still feels sluggish. I realize the 300...
Back