Bought a really cool 67 Skylark

I bought an incredibly original 67 Buick Skylark sport coupe last weekend. Other than 1 repaint 100 percent original. Perfect interior. Great paperwork. I got window sticker original title owners manual warranty booklet.. The original owner used the warranty booklet to keep a log of all maintenance.. He changed oil every 1000 miles,changed trans fluid and filter every 10k as well as flush cooling system..it has rally wheels like chevy rallys with short center caps with correct logo.never seen a set of wheels like these.. Are they uncommon It's a disc brake car posi rearend.. anybody know if disc brakes was common or rare back then.. Don't know how to post pics or I would.. Bought it from second owner he bought it in 2002 only put 500 miles on it while he owned it.. Car has 96k on it. I have a muffler shop reciept from 1980 and it had 90k on it then.. Not up on my buicks. Even though I used to work at the oldest Buick dealer in the country if another member can post a few pics for me I'll send them to you

car sounds nice Bruce, send me pics at cjp69@outlook.com and I can post for you.

Disc brakes were fairly rare, I think 67 was the first year for the Skylark. The wheels you have were made for the disc brake cars, as the brakes wouldn't clear the 14 inch ralley wheels.

Thanks, Chris

67 skylark pictures

Nice looking car Bruce!

Attachments

• bruce67.jpg
    bruce67.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 21
  • bruce67a.jpg
    bruce67a.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 20
  • bruce67b.jpg
    bruce67b.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 19
Is that verde green? very nice!
Yep Verde green. Its had one re-paint and its not as dark its close though. i'm a chevelle guy but for the money these buicks are a great deal same car just a little fancier. Ill probably put a set of 17 inch wheels with redline tires on it and drive it. Other than that im not changing anything. Other than a little detailing. Its a great power tour car. A buddy has one with a 300 v-8 it gets great mileage.

That is nice! Disc & posi on a Skylark are pretty rare.Cool you have the window sticker too:thumbsup:
Now,where's the under hood pics!!!:hurray:

That is nice! Disc & posi on a Skylark are pretty rare.Cool you have the window sticker too:thumbsup:
Now,where's the under hood pics!!!:hurray:
its a little grundgy under the hood All original right down to the battery cables though. not sure how much im gonna do in engine compartment. It has some kind of corrosion protection sprayed in spots probably why its in such good shape. im gonna do a light cleaning and see how it looks.

Update

I was at a local car cruise last night put on by the Buick dealership that this car was bought at new. I saw a guy walk clear across parking lot and was all over car. After a few minutes he said his dad had bought the car new. I learned a lot more about the history of the car. Then an hour later another guy was really checking it out. It was the brother of the first guy. So I found out even more history on car. Turns out their dad was a mechanic. That explains the oil changes every 1000 miles and the excellent maintenance records I have with car.

Back