transmission

1. JimShelly

Towing the 39 Buick

So I have a question. Has anyone dolly towed a 39 Buick? I have a 700 mile trip to make and I'd rather not drive the car all the way so I was wondering if a front wheel dolly would work? Rear wheels on the ground, obviously with the torque tube nothing gets disconnected, so the main shaft in...
  2. T

TH400 transmission filter seems to wobble

Good day. I'm working on my brother's 1969 Lesabre 400. 2-door hardtop. It has the TH400 transmission and I just dropped it's pan and cleaned it all up. I reinstalled a new filter and gasket but noticed that the filter doesn't seem to tighten into place very well with it's own ¼-20 bolt. The...
  3. Dual Path Transmission Parts - Forward drum/center support with sealing rings

Dual Path Transmission Parts - Forward drum/center support with sealing rings

I am desperately looking for the Forward drum/center support with sealing rings (It is # 24 in the diagram below)
  4. K

HELP!!! Dual Path Parts!!!! I am desperately looking for the Forward drum/center support with sealing rings (It is # 24 in the diagram below)

I am desperately looking for the Forward drum/center support with sealing rings (It is # 24 in the diagram below) 1961 Buick Skylark Email - Kyle.kistner89@gmail.com
  5. 6

ST400 S wap for ST300

I have a 1964 Riviera with a 425 nailhead and ST300. Since this is a one-off year for this tranny, I have been contemplating a swap. My current plan is to use a 1966 ST400 (code BR). Now the questions. Is this a direct swap or will I need to modify the cross-member or driveshaft? Can I use...
  6. D

Glad to join the community! 1967 Le Sabre 400ci - Parts/ Engine advice

Currently starting to build the engine on this 1967, 4 Door, Buick Le Sabre. 87,000 original miles, and has been in the family since it was born. Just had it past down to me and id love to bring it back to life. It has the 400ci V8, and was in great shape until it sat for 20 years, and was...
  7. D

1962 Skylark Dual Path Transmission question

Transmission question Hi, I have a 62 Buick. I start it all the time, but it's just been sitting there, it seems to be shifting funny. I changed the fluid and filter with no change at all. I've been driving it every other day or so to see if it works it way out. Thanks,
  8. W

1957 Roadmaster Dyna-flow torque converter

I have the engine running perfectly, re-built carburetor, electronic ignition, new plugs and wires, new rotor, new distributor cap, new vacuum advance (should have just bought a new distributor) had everything checked out by a master mechanic. in "park" engine revs up perfectly, advance operates...
  9. E

61 lesabre

Hey guys, i just recently got a 61 lesabre and i've had a hard time finding parts for it. Any good places i should know? Also, does anyone know if an olds or pontiac trany bolts up to a 364? I think i have a dynaflow twin turbine??? 2 speed??? It slips on drive but works great on 1ST? WORTH...
  10. G

Wanted to buy switch pitch convertor linkage control switch, 66 Lesaber, TH400.

Hello, I am looking for a OEM NOS switch pitch transmission control switch for TH400, 66 Buick Lesabre, 340 4bl, switch pitch torque convertor. My original switch is broken and I would like to replace it with a good used or new original style switch. I found some info searching the net and I...
  11. J

Transmission Inspection Plate

Is anybody reproducing the inspection plate for the TH400 transmission. Looking for one made out of medal.
  12. B

Buick 340, 2004R trans questions.

I need to link up w/ someone who knows a/b this swap I really want to do w/ both my 65/66 Skylarks. I want to put 2004r's ehind them. I need to know things like what years of that trans should get or not get? What extra parts or pieces are required to make sure everything's right? Can I use...
  13. M

Manual transmission identification...

I Just got home with my latest catch - a 1958 364cui, when i picked it up i figured i probably will need a tranny too, so i snatched this one from another engine that stood next to the one i was about to take home. I think that the engine the tranny was mounted on is a 1957 364, and i have been...
  14. 5

53 Special Heater hose routing and fluid levels

I'm doing a rebuild on my 263 and putting all new hoses in the car. I am wondering what the routing for the heater hoses is. Not the path that they take but which one hooks to wear. It seems like there are only 3 places on the engine to hook the hoses too. There was a "T" make out of...
  15. T

92 Buick Regal Custom 4T60 leaking

I will give you a quick backstory. I have a 92' Buick Regal Custom 3.8 I picked up with 71k original miles because a fuel line had sprung a leak and the dealership told the owner it couldn't be fixed because they don't make fuel lines for this model anymore. So I got a good deal on it and just...
  16. R

wiring switch pitch?

I have a 1964 LeSabre with the original 300 and ST300 trans. I was of the understanding that it should have the switch pitch torque convertor, but upon attempting to find a way to set up its activation (dash pot is on the intake, but no switch), I was only able to find 1 male electrical...
  17. J

1989 lesabre transmission trouble

My 89 limited 2-door has always shifted hard into overdrive. Lately, however, after about an hour of driving, it feels as if the transmission is slipping between about 40 and 55 mph. It doesn't do this when it's cold, only when it's been driven for about an hour or so. Can anyone tell me if...
  18. P

Transmission for a straight eight

Hi..Newbie here. Pardon me if this has been covered somewhere...I couldn't find anything, so, maybe someone can point me, or, has an idea. I am using a 248 to power a sort of vintage English "hotrod" on a 1934 Alvis frame. Looks like a good fit. However, I want a floor shift, and perferably one...
Back